28 Sept 2007

Breaking news, digitally

One blogger is getting international attention as he hourly updates his blog about protests in Burma. The images are graphic. After eight days of constant coverage, Ko Htike apologizes in broken English for catching two hours sleep. With Burma’s country-wide internet connection cut, Ko Htike is still reporting from his apartment in London.

Ko Htike writes: “I will also try my best to feed in their demonic appetite of fear and paranoia by posting any pictures that I receive though other means (Journos!! please don’t ask me what other means would be??). I will continue to live with the motto that “if there is a will there is a way”.”

With the face of news coverage changing before our eyes, one man’s connection to a troubled land is shaping the media’s definition of sources.

/Aimée

No comments: